Sackhumvit Trust is a registered charitable NGO supporting quality education and health care to the under-privileged children in India. We provide a platform for other NGO's to partner with us and work together to address and implement common goals.Founded in the year 1989 by Mr. Khalid Hashim, his vision was simple. To make a difference in education by making a difference with individual students so that they become self-reliant and gainfully employed. Since its inception Sackhumvit Trust has impacted lives of thousands of children spread across 5 different states in India.
VISION OF THE TRUST
- Every child has the opportunity to avail high quality primary and secondary education.
- Every child has access to quality healthcare and medical support.
- Women have an oppurtunity to transform their lives through programs tailormade to empower them
- Every child achieves literacy and numeracy levels that enable their success.
- Partnering NGO's are capable, efficient and responsive to achieve education priorities
Success in education is fundamental to the well-being of all people, to all communities and to our nation. A high performing education system at all levels is essential if we are to ensure that India's young people have the skills they need to be successful.
Sackhumvit Trust is passionate about education and ambitious for every learner to enjoy the benefits of being literate. Strong foundations built through ongoing participation in high quality early childhood education, supported by mastery of literacy and middle school years is the focus of our programs at various centers. Smooth transitions to secondary schooling and engaging young people through multiple learning pathways that result in brighter prospects for students and women is our narative.
METHODOLOGY WITH PARTNERING NGO'S
- Exploring different ways of learning;
- Thinking, questioning and reflecting;
- Believing they can learn;
- Setting higher standards;
- Working well in groups;
- Being good problem solvers